Some Beacon courses are offered on a regularly schedule basis while others are offered once we’ve had enough interest. For these types of courses, we’ve introduced a new waitlist function. When applicable, just click the “Waitlist Signup” button and to add yourself to the course waitlist. Once the course minimum is reached, waitlisted individuals will be notified immediately of the course date, time, location, and provided a link for registration.
Airport Fueling Safety for Supervisors (FAA approved)
Course Information: This course provides classroom and live fire (when applicable) instruction for students to meet National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements for fuel safety.
Key Topics Covered:
- Identify adopted codes and standards used and enforced by the State of Alaska regarding airport fueling safety and training requirements.
- Determine roles and responsibilities of state officers regarding airport-fueling operations.
- Identify components of fuel systems, equipment, and safety including fixed and portable.
- Common hazards associated with fueling operations including storage, handling, and dispensing.
- How to implement fire safety procedures in fuel farms, storage areas, mobile fuelers, fueling pits and fueling cabinets.
Course Duration: 12 Hours
Certifications Received: Yes
Price: $519.40 (Kenai only, includes facility fees and tax
Recertification Interval: Every Two Years
Course Format: Instructor led / classroom setting / Live Fire; Conducted at BTC fire training center.
Offered based on demand
This course is offered based on demand.
Beacon will alert you once we have a class scheduled.
To add yourself to the waitlist press button below.